Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Musings

John has recently received his first cell phone. In true 21st-century-kid form he, um, mastered the use of the phone quite quickly. Now if he could just get his aim right!


In other news I have been trying to grow things. My mom ordered some bulbs online and I planted them late in the season thinking I wouldn't see any blooms until next summer but...


I also think that I failed to mention that we had a new driveway and front sidewalk put in. When they were digging to put in the new asphalt they moved a bunch of dirt. We used some of that dirt to fill in some empty spots. After a couple of weeks we found that we had something that resembled a pumpkin or squash plant growing in the front beds. Well, after a few more weeks we now have lots of these... But after much searching I can't figure out exactly what kind of squash these are. Anyone know??? We have already picked 5 and have at least another dozen that will need to be picked soon...

No comments: