Saturday, January 17, 2009

BAM!!!

When Emeril first coined that saying (is it really a saying if it is only one word?) I am sure this is NOT what he had in mind...

I was making dinner as per the usual. Chicken was in the oven and roasting away... The cauliflower was chopped and rinsed... Then I remembered I had forgotten to put a little water in the bottom of the pan for the chicken. I got some water and opened the oven and BAM!!! Oh yeah, don't put cold liquids/solids in a blazing hot Pyrex dish!

I am pretty sure I am going to die about 5 years sooner after that incident.

Literally, as the water hit the dish it exploded. There were shards of glass all over the oven and embedded in the chicken and on the floor and... Thankfully no one was hurt. Except now I had about 45 minutes to come up with a new dinner plan. Not an easy task when you have multiple dietary restrictions to take into account. Can't order a pizza or Chinese. Can't go to McDonald's or Wendy's. So out came allllllll the leftovers (man, there were like 25 containers of food in the fridge). We made due but I was very sad... On a brighter note, my fridge is much lighter and there is more Rubbermaid in the drawer!

No comments: